Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Baby Brother


As I sit looking out my 5th floor window at the taxis and business people flowing up and down the streets, I can't help but feel sadness that very soon I will be saying farewell to my little brother for two whole years. I know it's where he wants to be and that he will gain so much from his experiences. I am not at all sad for his adventure and time in Texas, I am just sad because I will miss him so much. Not sad that it will be hard for him out there, because I know he will have an amazing time, have lots of support and meet some lifelong friends. Sad because I am selfish and want him to be at every holiday like he always has been. Selfish because I want him to pick up the phone when I call or be on the other end when I skype. Even sad that he won't be around to make fun of me on facebook photos or send me youtube links.


But when all is said and done, and when the tears dry, I cannot adequately express to you how lucky I am to have a little brother who is so deserving of all this love I have for him. He is the best, most supportive and loving little brother in the world. Thank you, Mom and Dad, for making it all the way to six.




I am so proud of you, Zach and I love you SO much.

2 comments:

  1. great. i knew i shouldn't read that at work! waterworks here we come! I sure love him too. thank goodness mom and dad had 6!! I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. of course just like you said.. tears galore. miss you sissy ill try to post funny youtube links on your fb wall.. love you

    ReplyDelete